Clever Little Bees offers day and evening courses for adults and primary school children during the school term and school holiday programmes at Phillipstown Community Hub and Seven Oaks School. I also offer one-off, personalised in-class lessons at schools. Teaching content varies between terms depending on what stage the bees are in the beekeeping season.
OVER THE COURSE OF THE YEAR, TEACHING CONTENT WILL INCLUDE:
– Bee biology
– Maintaining healthy bee colonies
– Bee’s life cycle
– Identifying the differences between a queen bee, worker bee and drone bee
– Identify pollen, nectar, honey, wax and propolis
– Treating for pests and diseases
– Wintering down
– Extracting honey
– Learning about pollination, propagating plants and planting bee friendly plants.